~~~~~~~~~~ A Red Carpet Welcome to My place Under the Sun ~~~~~~~~~~



Saturday, April 17, 2010

Math-e-Magic


Mathematics or rather a simplified - MATHS !!!


If there is one subject that can keep me glued for hours and yet without an iota of complain – it’s Maths. Be it - Algebra, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry or Calculus – I just loveeee Maths. So today – while lingering on a lazy (jobless!!) weekend , just pondered over – why not jot down a few lines about it.

I am in love with the subject ever since my 8th Grade – not that I din’t like the subject before but I realized my LOVE for Maths only in that standard. So much so that I eventually changed my ambition to become a Doctor and rather got tripped to pursue Engineering . All this is - just because Medicine doesn’t require Maths !!!

Maths had always endowed a comfort zone throughout my life. A reason which might have had helped to secure ranks in Regional Maths Olympiad. More so , it was immensely helpful during Engg days , where people slip into the habit of preparing Theory at the last days, after Practicals are over !. And a subject like Maths does really contribute to lessen the pain , amongst the gigantic and tedious – theory question-answers combinations - shoot all over !

This is the only subject which makes you think in a logical frame , get prominent solutions and more importantly helps to think on your feet. The beauty of the subject lies in its inherent interesting pedagogy – that’s Maths for You !!

A Big Thanks to the Maths Behemoths – Newton , Euclid ,Pythagoras , Euler , Gauss and the rest of the Elite Class who brought forth flavors to the subject by adding their own bits and to India as well for discovering the “0” !

No comments: